Integrating Teleprospecting Tactics into Your Email Campaigns
Posted on Apr 30, 2012 by Tyler Anderson, Account Executive
When the word “campaign” is thrown around in the sales and marketing world, people typically make the jump right to email – maybe a targeted message with some relevant content links, proof points, offers, and call-to-actions included. While email is still the cheapest and most widely used lead-gen medium for marketers (83% according to Chief Marketer’s 2012 Lead Gen Survey), it is important to note that these tactics are still not driving enough sales ready leads for most B2B companies, according to Marketingprofs.
One way to help with this issue is to ensure your teleprospecting strategies are integrated and aligned with your email campaigns, so that you have the best chance of connecting with and ultimately qualifying sales-ready leads within your target market. Here are a few ways to accomplish this:
- Ensure any call-to-actions are being followed up in a timely matter by your teleprospecting team. Most email campaigns will include some sort of call-to-action or landing page as a way for the prospect to respond should they wish to. For those choose to respond (which industry standards have shown will be a relatively small percentage), it is imperative that they are followed up with immediately. Any delay could cause you to lose the momentum built up from your previous marketing activity.
- Prioritize “Opens” and “Clicks” from your email campaigns for teleprospecting. Typically if a contact opens and clicks thru on an email, something has peaked their interest. A simple follow-up phone call to answer additional questions and/or discuss potential next steps can prove to be very effective.
- Include Scoring from Email activities AND tele activities. As I mentioned in my previous blog entry , it is important to analyze campaign results consistently and understand the point of diminishing returns, so that you don’t continue to invest marketing dollars in a prospect that is ultimately never going to buy.
Add a Comment
Welcome to TeleNet's telemarketing lead generation blog. Members of TeleNet's executive, program management and account management staff will contribute to our blog on a weekly basis. Please subscribe to our RSS feed or sign up to receive email updates to obtain insight, tips, and feedback to improve or enhance your telemarketing lead generation and lead nurturing programs and processes.
- Abby Lynes, Program Director
- Anabel Foucart, Senior Program Director
- Ashlea Harris, Vice President of Program Management & Operations
- Ashley Rist, Lead Quality Manager
- Brian Rubin, Senior Software Developer
- Britney Bailey, Program Director
- Chris Brock, Senior Systems Administrator
- Chris Engel, Vice President of Information Technology
- Dana Gill, Program Director
- Eric Lyles, Resource Development Manager
- Jason St Onge, Senior Account Executive
- Jeff Johnson, Guest Blogger- TeleNet Client & Industry Veteran
- Jene Brown, Program Director
- Jon Plant, Account Executive
- Kathy Rizzo, Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Kelli Dyk, Program Director
- Kelli Dyk, Program Director
- Laura Johnson, Senior Program Director
- Maryann Ramsey, Program Director
- Melissa Joffrion, Account Executive
- Micah Green, Operations Training & Development Manager
- Sharon Dahlhaus, Account Executive
- Sonya Lane, Vice President of Human Resources
- Tamika Drake, Call Center Coordinator
- Tara Underwood, Program Director
- Tyler Anderson, Account Executive