TeleNet has vast experience using teleprospecting to target the Education Industry, including K-12 & Higher Education. Our experience includes cold calling, responder follow up and industry event follow up (including industry event such as Educause, ISTE, TCEA, NECC & FETC). Furthermore, the range of high tech products we’ve marketed is broad:
- Enterprise Servers & Storage
- Document Management
- Printing & Imaging Solutions
- Personal Systems
- IT Services
Based on this experience and collaboration with our clients, we have significant knowledge about how to be successful within this industry. This week, I will share with you several keys to success in targeting the Education Industry.
Keys to Success:
For Higher-Ed, understanding of how the college/university is structured and how departments are defined is important when probing for needs and qualifying leads…
- Budget is often times allocated by department
- Different departments require different solutions
For K-12, understanding the decision making process and budget cycle by school and district helps to pave the way to success…
- Superintendents tend to make solution oriented decisions for the entire district, but rely on IT Directors/Managers for general IT hardware/software infrastructure purchases
- Procurement can play a large roll in purchases
- Timing of campaign is key. Budget is normally already planned by the end of the previous school year.
- Understanding of EDU contracts/grants and how they influence purchasing is also important. While decisions can be made independently, a lot are influenced by contracts that are currently in place with school system. Example: E-Rate